The First Aid/CPR course builds on the skills acquired at the basic first aid level, enabling rapid intervention in the event of severe or life-threatening trauma or illness equipping wind turbine technicians with skills and knowledge to quickly stabilize a casualty until specialist medical treatment arrives or they can be safely moved to appropriate medical facilities.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Incident and casualty management
- Immediate emergency lifesaving first aid
- Advanced airway management using oral and nasal adjuncts
- Supplementary respiration with bag, mask and valve
- Administration of medical gasses including oxygen and Entonox
- Casualty monitoring with the use of pulse oximeters
- Automated external defibrillation (AED)
- Control of catastrophic bleeding with emergency dressings, hemostatic agents and tourniquets
- Splinting principles and devices
- Spinal management
- Casualty immobilization