The course is intended for delegates who require the knowledge and safe working practices for reducing risks when entering or working in confined space environments. This will help them identify the hazard in the confined space, prevention and mitigation of the risk factors.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, and tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Dangers associated with confined spaces.
- Current legislation
- Recognition of Confined Spaces
- The Human Respiratory System.
- Appreciation of the different types of atmospheres.
- Use of gas detection equipment in hazardous atmospheres.
- Diseases and personal hygiene associated with confined spaces.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment, i.e. ropes, harnesses and man riding hoists.
- Use of escape Breathing Apparatus sets.
- Different types of full working Breathing Apparatus and ancillary equipment.
- Pre-entry checks on equipment.
- Safe systems of work for entry into confined spaces.
- Methods of communication.
- Manning levels.
- Emergency procedures
- Practical use of escape sets and full working Breathing Apparatus.
- Vertical entry and egress using a tripod and winch.
- Awareness of resuscitation equipment.
- Awareness of the need for periodic examinations of equipment