The aim of this course is to give the participants the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PFPE and perform safe working at heights in a port environment.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height.
- Have an understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights.
- PFPE conformity and identification, including European and Global standard markings on PFPE equipment such as harnesses, helmets, lanyards etc.
- How to conduct correct PFPE pre user inspections on a selection of working at height equipment.
- The correct fitting of a harness and a variety of lanyards, vertical fall arresters and work positioning equipment.
- The main differences between various types of fall arrest lanyards and how to use them correctly.
- The use of self-retracting lifelines.
- The correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct to include double hooking, work restraint and work positioning.
- Dealing with suspension trauma and the first aid protocols and procedures to be followed