Training will increase knowledge and situational awareness and teach drilling teams how to respond correctly during unplanned situations. The drilling team will learn how to identify and eliminate activities with the potential to increase drilling risks. They will get practical experience with the consequences of their decisions; errors, mistakes and successes become very clear. This will help build their experience-base and increase their situational awareness allowing them to more quickly respond to planned and unplanned situations when drilling the actual HPHT well.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, and tests. The course is delivered over 5 days.
- Planning ahead
- Procedures for the drilling operation and for well control procedures including lessons learnt and guidelines for HPHT wells
- Introductions to the recognized well control methods (Drillers Method, Bull heading, stripping and volumetric well control etc.)
- Introduction to signals on the surface caused by influx in the well
- Capacities and procedures for the specific well
- Gas handling on the surface
- Combating hydrate formation problems in the choke manifold
- Operational case exercises
- Subcontractors’ duties and responsibilities
- Subcontractor presentations
- Oil company presentations
- Oilfield terminology
- Enhancing the team approach to meet the common goal