Facility Mangers, Supervisors and Employers who have responsibilities to train their employees so that they can make their employees aware about the safety aspects of work in the confined space.
The aim and objectives of Confined Space Entry training program is to train the candidates so that they can make their employees aware about requirement to work in the confined space. This will help them to identify the hazards in the confined space, prevention and mitigation of the risk factors while working in the confined space.
Course Target Audience
Facility Managers, Supervisors and Employers who have responsibilities to train their employees about the safety aspects of work in confined space.
The course is delivered by classroom mode of training based on IADC approved presentation and training manual by an IADC approved tutor.
The course is delivered over 2 days with an assessment on the 3rd day at respective Training Facilities.
- Confined space Identification.
- Identifying the hazards and risks associated with the confined space.
- Knowledge about requirement of Permit and risk assessment.
- Testing for hazardous atmosphere.
- Making the space as safe as possible.
- Approach to safe entry in the confined space.
- Attendant and Evacuation procedure.
- Role of Trainer
- Communicating with Learners and Providing Feedback
- Presentation Skills
- Giving Feedback
- Practical Training Assessment
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Identification of the confined space.
- Filling out permit and risk assessment form.
- MSDS Exercise – split the class in two. Have the class fill out the MSDS exercise sheet and compare the chemical properties.
- Atmospheric gas testing by Multi-gas detector in the confined space and recording it in the permit form.
- Assigning the responsibilities of attendant, entrant and rescue team.