The aim and objectives of Gas Tester training program is to train the candidates so that they can make their employees ready preparing for a gas tester role and are equipped with the knowledge to conduct gas tests for oxygen levels, flammable and toxic gases safely. This training program also equips the delegate with knowledge to conduct gas testing within confined spaces and awareness of associated confined space hazards. Candidates will also learn about relevant knowledge of gas measuring and monitoring equipment and documenting gas test results.
Course Target Audience
Facility Managers, Supervisors and Employers who have responsibilities to train their employees to make them aware about work related to gas testing.
- Hazards of operations within an oxygen deficient, toxic or flammable environment
- Carrying out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment.
- Using Safe systems of work.
- Interpreting operational requirements
- Hazards present in the confined space.
- Procedures and conditions to ensure that atmospheric conditions are safe for confined space entrants.
- Equipment required to test and monitoring the atmospheric gases.
- Role of Trainer
- Communicating with Learners and Providing Feedback
- Presentation Skills
- Giving Feedback
- Practical Training Assessment
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Identification of different types of Gas Detectors.
- Filling out Permits, Risk Assessment and Gas Test certificate.
- Pre-check start-up of Multi Gas Detector.
- Reading and Interpreting gas levels for Oxygen, CO, H2S and LEL levels. Knowing acceptable values.
- Detecting gas levels at the different levels like top, middle and bottom level of the confined space to know the varying concentration of gas and vapours in the confined space.
- Maintenance, Calibration and Bump test for Gas Detectors.