NEBOSH and Great Britain’s Health and Safety Regulator, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), have jointly developed a new one-day qualification that shows how non-complex incidents can be investigated effectively. By learning lessons and making improvements, organizations can avoid similar incidents occurring in the future.
Course Target Audience
This qualification is for anyone who wants to carry out incident investigations effectively.
Employers, supervisors, SHE champions, union and safety representatives will benefit. Attending the course will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organization
The course is delivered by classroom, in-company training, eLearning, live online mode of training based on NEBOSH approved presentation and training manual by a NEBOSH approved tutor.
- Incident terminology, the moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations and management system requirements
- Human and organizational factors. Understand how to investigate incidents and confidently carry out an investigation
- Investigating incidents
- Positive strategies and the barriers to a successful Interview
- Advanced incident investigation techniques