Participants will examine how their leadership style impacts worker health and safety, discuss applicable health and safety legislation, identify current strengths and weaknesses in health and safety processes, and develop supervisor skills to promote a strong safety culture.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 1 day.
- Supervisor leadership styles and communication skills
- Health and safety systems, legislation, and supervisor responsibilities
- Hazard identification and hazard management
- Training and the development of competent workers
- Emergency response planning
- Incident reporting and investigations
- Effectively communicating health and safety policies and procedures