To illustrate the extent of stuck pipe problems and to equip all members of the Drilling Team with the skills and knowledge to recognize the signs of a potential Stuck Pipe situation. To identify and specify actions to be taken by the drilling team to avoid this costly and time-consuming problem. To develop a team approach to prevention and resolution of stuck pipe problems. This course is designed for comprehensive coverage of stuck pipe problems and resolutions.
Course Target Audience
Anyone with an interest in the subject should attend.
The course is delivered via classroom, based on presentation, discussions, tests. The course is delivered over 2 days.
- Causes of stuck pipe.
- Warning signs of sticking.
- Rig measures to free stuck pipe.
- Field study examining stuck pipe incidents.
- Economic methods to avoid and/or free stuck pipe.
- Fishing operations for drill string and wireline.
- Fishing economics.
- Hole cleaning techniques.
- Tripping and backreaming.